Wednesday, February 14, 2018

How much time should you take to look?

Well, this is interesting: How long do people really spend looking at art in museums?

The takeaway: (1) I guess I am really weird and it explains why I often get the stink-eye from overzealous museum guards, and (2) I shouldn’t stress out so much about my paintings since nobody else will look at them as intently as I do.

I wonder what the statistics would be if you separated out the painters from the general population. I know I can tell when it’s a painter looking at art because they have that “how in the hell did he do that?” squint as they look. I also know that the benches are never just where I want them, or I would spend a whole lot more time staring. (Would I be rude if I brought my own chair?)

No comments:

Post a Comment